top of page


Students who have been accepted into the KLI Program, which is a regular university Korean program, must obtain either a General Short-Term Visa (C-3) or a General Student Visa (D-4) before starting their studies. It's essential to note that visa requirements can be quite complicated and may vary based on individual circumstances. As a result, students are responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate visa for their studies, and they should seek clarification from the nearest Korean Embassy, Consulate office, or Immigration office in Seoul.

  • The C-3 visa is also known as a tourist or visiting visa, and it is suitable for students who plan to study at KLI for only one term (10 weeks). This visa is valid for 90 days and can be obtained immediately from a Korean Embassy or Consulate office. However, students must ensure that their length of study in Korea does not exceed the effective days of the visa to avoid visa expiration during their course of study. It is important to note that a letter of admission will not be issued for a General Short-Term Visa (C-3). It is important to understand that a C3 visa is different from a K-ETA (Free visa). If you plan to take a single-term course, most universities accept a K-ETA visa. However, K-ETA is not extendable unlike a C-3 visa, and if you want to extend your course of study, you must obtain a D-4-1 visa from your country.

  • General Student Visa (D-4-1) If you are a student planning to study in Korea for more than one term, you should apply for a D-4-1 visa. This visa is generally valid for 6 months and can be renewed in Korea. It takes approximately 1 month to process the visa upon application at a Korean Embassy or Consulate office. Therefore, it is recommended that students apply for this visa at least 2 months before leaving for Korea to avoid any inconvenience.

* Please note that the 'Certificate of Admission(from the universities)' needed for the D-4-1 visa application can be issued to those who register for the Regular Program(or the University Korean Program) for at least 2 terms (6 months) or more in advance. (Enforced from July 2008)

20 views0 comments


bottom of page